As we enter the second month of 2019, I am perhaps a bit late to the best of party and feel a return of those awkward student moments, where oversleep, general laziness and a terrible memory, often led me to pitch up at party central to be met by the confused glances of a couple of nerdy kids cleaning up vomit.
I would love to spin it that it was because 2018 was such a great year for jangle-pop that it took me so long to decide…however my interminable lack of shame has always led to an honesty that reveals when I just could not be arsed!
Oh well, done now… and this lot is brilliant ! Thanks to all the bands and labels for some brilliant music!
1) Neurotic Fiction – Pulp Music (Specialist Subject Records)
2) Gorgeous Bully – Closure (Breakfast Records)
3) Lewsberg – Lewsberg (Self Released)
4) Salad Boys – This is Glue (Trouble in Mind)
5) Arrest Charlie Tipper – The Astonishing Rise of Charlie Tipper (Breaking Down Recordings)
6) Holy Tunics – Butter Dish (Meritorio Records)
7) Alpaca Sports – From Paris With Love (Elefant Records)
8) Dot Dash – Proto Retro (The Beautiful Music)
9) Eggs on Mars – Mamma Pancake (2018)
10) Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever – Hope Downs (Subpop)
11) Lawn – Blood on the Tracks (Forged Artifacts)
12) The Catherines – The Catherines (Mondo Canape)
13) Seeking Madras – Bike Ride (Self Released)
14) Holy Now – I Think I Need The Light (Lazy Octopus)
15) Sharesprings – Paraparlor (Dismantled)